|aforementioned entertainment center|
After my layover in Chicago, I have been flying Qatar Airways. I am going to go ahead and throw out a new tagline for them. I would tell you what their current motto is, but I forgot it, so it must not pop like it should. How about this? “Qatar Airways: It’s like the Hindenburg, just without crashing, and it’s an airplane.” Rolls off the tongue, right? If you’ve ever flown QA, you know what I’m talking about; everyone essentially gets their own entertainment center. And that’s just “coach,” first-class looks like the lobby of a Hilton.
So, to commemorate my time from those twenty hours of air time, I would like to plagiarize Jimmy Fallon’s methods and write an open thank-you letter to Qatar Airways:
- Thank you for being the only airline which isn’t unyieldingly committed to the question, “Does one must have claustrophobia to lose sanity in confined space?”
- Thank you for offering a “best of 2014” music option to remind me how glad I am that it’s not 2014 anymore.
- Thank you for actively recognizing that while tigers on leashes make cool pictures to advertise the wealth of your cities, they aren’t safe on planes. #blessed
- Thank you for the reminder that no matter how luxurious the airline, the old adage will remain true, “girls will be girls and airplane food will be airplane food.”
- Last, but certainly not least, thank you for bringing me to the Doha, Qatar airport, where they raffle out Porsches. Because, you know... why not?
|For a mere $138, try your odds at winning this baby.|